Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Micro Blog #2 - Was I that Stoopid?

As I work with the younger generation, they do things that amaze and trouble me. Even so, I try to be objective. A long time ago, I promised that I would never be one of the older guys always complaining about how unappreciative the young bucks are and they did really know "what struggling was"! You know, the guys who walk 10 miles to school every day, in a snow storm, uphill.....both ways!

I know that the generation before me probably looked at me like I wasn't up to snuff, even though I thought I was. Now that I AM the "generation before" I try really hard to understand this generation and how their actions are relative to the situations that they are in right now. But I increasing I keep asking myself if I were in their shoes RIGHT NOW would I be making these mistakes? I ask myself constantly, "was I that stoopid" and have I romanticized my youth? I feel like today's young people aren't thinking things through most of the times! Help me with this y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, I notice the same things that you do. Now, that I am a stay at home mom I see the teens/younger folks and I often think back. The things I see them do and say are sad I hope my boys do not turn out so dim.