Thursday, March 10, 2011

On my mind...

Fair warning: rant alert!

There are a couple of things on my mind and now I want them to be on yours.


Every morning I walk through the turnstile to get on the train and the little digital screen tells me over my ever-decreasing amount on my metro card. That's not my issue. It also informs me that it doesn't accept tokens. Really?!?!? First of all, the MTA hasn't sold a token since first Bush was in office. Secondly, there isn't even a place to put a bloody token anyway! It's been sealed up in most cases and doesn't exist in others! Why can't they get rid of this? It's stupid and is an example of the inefficiency of the MTA. It's a small thing but it irritates me. I know it's a straw but it's my camel's back dammit!


Can we come up with another name for when a women is spilling over the top of her jeans other than 'muffin tops'? I happen to love actual muffin tops but every time I tear the top off of my scrumptious pastry treat, I'm forced to visualize a women who clearly has no idea how ridiculous she looks. And just like that, my treat is ruined. Can we call 'volcano tops' instead. Same visual and no-one really has a warm place in their heart for volcanoes....


People who wear their jeans sagging shouldn't be allowed to own a belt. They don't deserve one because they're abusing them. When they're in HS, principals should issue an edict that requires the confiscation of them at the door like it was a weapon if they insist on wearing their pants near their kneecaps. The sagging pants syndrome came from prison and since these jackasses what to emulate those miscreants, then they shouldn't have belts either. They don't allow them in prison so they should feel right at home. Let's see how long those pants will stay up and how long this insipid practice persists


This is an oldie but whatever; it still makes me mad. Stop asking me whether that's an iPad I'm holding. By now they are commonplace on the trains and there are a bunch of other new tablets from other companies. There is even a NEW iPad! Go bother someone else with a newer toy and let me have peace for the one hour that I have to myself on the train!!!


Lastly, does everything that you buy for a child HAVE to make a sound or sing a song or light up or play a Mozart opera exert?!?! When I was growing up, I played in the box from my mother's Avon delivery and that thing only made noise when I turned it into a car and honked my imaginary horn at my mother who was trying to distribute her products! Did some of my toys make noise? Of course, but not EVERY ONE! It's too much. The house is beginning to sound like a bad music theatre class.


Alright, I'm done...for now. These are my thoughts...what are yours?

5 comments:

Aisha G of HartlynKids said...

... rant alert lol

Unknown said...

LMAO! Your are to much

Anonymous said...

Does anyone understand what the hell he is talking about or is it just me? Please send me a Hayden dictionary to translate.

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

That was really funny! You know how I feel about the irrational stupidity of the pants saggin! And the toys with noise (that rhymed) are driving me nuts as well...is it me or the gift givers of such toys primarily people with no children?? Take inventory the next time Lady C gets a loud gift. We have put a threat out on certain gift givers - "JUST WAIT TIL YOU HAVE KIDS!!"

Anonymous said...

Time stamp is 3 hours behind on this blog. Please fix...