Monday, March 26, 2012

Back from the Block.

I have the dreaded affliction known as writers block. For a novelist, it's an issue that they can work through because there is a not a need for output on a regular basis. For a blogger, it's a death sentence. There are 14,417,716 blogs for people to choose from and if somehow you managed to actually GET people read your blog, you better make sure there is a constant stream of new posts for them to read each time they return to your page. Writers block for a blogger is a game killer, especially if this your bread and butter. For the casual blogger like myself, it almost feels like you have broken a contract with those seventeen people who have begun to follow your thoughts. They could have read a bunch of other blogs but they started reading mine. I feel like I owe them something for the time that they took to click over to my page to see what I was rambling on about this week. Writers block means that now when they visit, they are forced to read posts from months ago...and no-one does that right?

Well the one cure for the 'block' is to just start writing...anything. So I will. Tomorrow signals the return of the rant. I stayed away from the rants that I became known for but, for me, the easiest way out of the writing doldrums is to return to the one thing that I know how to do virtually unconsciously. Plus I've held a lot of things in for the better part of a year! Doctors say that's not healthy and y'all want me to be ok right? So starting tomorrow, when I feel like some stupid has entered into my world, you'll hear about!! The hope is that it will keep me writing and I won't have this long of a hiatus again.

Come on. You know you've missed me! :-)

These are my thoughts...what are yours?

2 comments:

LeonX said...

14,417,716 blogs? Seventeen people following your blog? Is providing metrics a way to rid yourself of writer's block?

Hayden said...

For me absolutely. How do you overcome yours? Oh wait...there is NO blockage when it comes to your thoughts...or filters for that matter!!