Thursday, June 28, 2012

Measuring up.

I made a status update on Facebook the other day and i was semi joking. The post was about making myself look good while my wife and I were watching True Blood. TB has become the repository for every man with a well chiseled body and I wanted to make sure that my wife didn't look at the screen, then look across the couch, and be disappointed that HER man doesn't look good.  It got a BUNCh of 'Likes' which surprised me and my wife.

The truth is that women's struggles to keep up with images in the media are WELL DOCUMENTED, however, men are not immune from this pressure either. I will grant you that it is far less than the women deal with but we do get a twinge of jealousy when we see women, especially OUR women, swoon over these dudes. It's hard not to when Idris Alba, Djimon Hansu, and cast of True Blood are running around bare-chested and making the rest of us who are past our 'college prime' stare at our gut and yearn for younger days!  It's the stuff that mid life crises are made of!

Since I don't have the money to go out and buy a sports car or a brand new motorcycle, I will rely on keeping up with the things that made me sexy to my wife to begin with; a fresh hair cut, witty conversation and a big ole...pair of arms...<snicker> Don't get me wrong though: I have started running and trying to get in shape both for me and her. In the meantime though, the least that i can do to 'keep it sexy' for my wife is cut my damn hair! LOL

These are my thoughts...what are yours?

1 comment:

Aisha G of HartlynKids said...

You said Idris Elba *drool*
Oh wait - that doesn't help does it? Right....