Monday, December 6, 2010

Baby girls

Baby girls are hilarious. I mean babies in general are cute but little girls are a special breed. I didn't realize that until I had my daughter. She is a handful but in a very different way from her male cousins.

Babies are all trying figure out where they stand in their worlds. They pretty much have figured out the role of mom and dad but they are still trying to figure out how much they can get away with and what actions garner which results. They try to see what happens when they cry, when they laugh, and when they're being cute. And that's where girls are different from boys: they learn to manipulate 'cute' far sooner than their male counterparts. I have seen my daughter bat her eyes, giggle, and act silly just to get attention and to get what she wants. It amazes me how soon they perfect the use of their womanly attributes...and the kid is only 18 months old!!!! I am going to go ahead say right now that I am NOT going to be ready when that happens when she is 13 years old.

I think I should start collecting a fund for bail money now....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I will contribute to that fund. Maybe we should form some kind of Foundation.


-Kayo

Hayden said...

The Association of Overprotective Fathers Foundation (A-OFF)! I like it. Kinda like "A!!! OFF my daughter you sleaze bag!!" I vote you as the inaugural president! You're welcomed!

Aisha G of HartlynKids said...

Hmph... they learn early and learn well. Great observation because it's TRUE!

Bird said...

total Hillarity. Get a big stick or a small gun. you'll need it.

FocusedFemaleGem said...

My niece is a G too! She fake cries too and the way she says things to get what she wants is crazy! I'm telling everyone she's a future DIVA! She's 2yrs old smh

Hayden said...

WW: I'm gonna get a BIG gun and small stick (to poke them to make sure they're not moving!!LOL)

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!! I can only wonder how worse off you will be when she has her "Sweet Sixteen". I imagine that you'll be a basket case.

Hayden said...

I don't EVEN want to think about the 16-22 era! Lawd, help me!

Nay V said...

As the mother of a 2 yr old girl...I KNOW EXACTLY what you are talking about. The 50 melt downs a day to get what she wants, the smiles to get what she wants, the cute way she looks at her father to get what she want and the list goes on. I guess it is great that she knows what she wants but there I times I want to...let me stop there. I love her and she is a handful but she is definitely a DIVA.