Monday, December 13, 2010

It's the little things...

Ever notice how kids make you re-evaluate your life. I'm not talking about in the grandiose sense like considering your mortality or making better life choices for "their sake". I'm referring to how watching them enjoy the little things in life help you to reacquaint yourself with the simple pleasures in the world.

Today I had a spinning impromptu competition with my baby daughter. No pretense and no reward. Just spinning. Pure fun. When I come home, she and I have a dance party the minute I walk in the door. Just because. We laugh uncontrollable while playing peek-a-boo. A simple game, dancing, and getting dizzy. Basic stuff and so easy. We do so much and go through so much in order to have fun. Makes you wonder why when there are so many easy way to entertain ourselves.

Maybe we can just need to spin around and get dizzy. I certainly had fun doing it.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Yes! My son has started laughing anytime someone else laughs. I was having a rough day and he started laughing in response to the kids on tv. His pure enjoyment put it in perspective for me and I couldn't help but laugh along.