Thursday, December 30, 2010

in communicado

So I just got back from a week long cruise to the Caribbean and was totally (well ...almost totally) out of contact electronically: no email, phone calls, FB, etc. There were 5 of us including a toddler on a very large ship, with no way to communicate if we got separated. It reminded me of the 'old days' when you made plans with people and kept them because there was no way to let people know that your plans had changed. Or maybe I'm remembering the old days too romantically. That could be the case but i seem to remember a time that people kept appointments without 7 reminders and/or 3 reschedulings. I kinda enjoyed not being able to reach people. It made us either stick together or rely on people to be where they said they would be.


Or maybe I'm just ole skool...


These are my thoughts...what are yours?

1 comment:

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

Nothing wrong with ole skool...I miss it often!!

Welcome back...Happy New Year!

Kiss the fam!