Friday, July 1, 2011

The New Industrialists pt 2.

So I haven't posted since May so I figured I would get back into the swing of things with something useful!  So I decided to once again talk about those ever industrious people in NYC and surrounding areas that are making their talents work for them with small cottage industries, also affectionately known as the "side hustles". My last post about what I called the new industrialist made quite a few connections for people and I thought it would be helpful to spotlight some more of the people around me doing great things in addition to their 9-5. So here we go again.

Of course I have to start with Greene Light Photography again! I think they're amazing, if I do say so myself. Since the last post the website (www.greenelightphoto.com) has added information and some new projects.

Since the last post, Hartlyn Kids has also grown and they just launched their new website (www.hartlynkids.com) AND their signature book line has been announced. The first book will be available this summer and they promise to take your child around the world with their stories. Check out the site, buy a passport, and travel globe with Aisha and Christine.

Now I must admit that I did not know what an ethnomusicologist was before I met Free nor had I ever knowingly met one. But now I have! In fact, I now know TWO because Free and Aja are about to launch a blog designed to expose you to music that generally doesn't reach your eardrums but is waiting to be heard by you. Self described as the Anthony Bourdain of music, they seek out they seek out and find amazing music they believe the world needs to hear. Look out for them and in meantime follow Free and Aja on twitter.com at @ajaAndfree for updates on their blog and where they're listening next.

With the real estate market in the state that it is, you need a steady hand guiding you through the process. Dave Frederick provide just that for your home ownership needs in the Queens and Nassau county areas. Visit Long Island Dream Homes or call him at (917) 359-2224 and let him help you pick out the right home for you and your family.

And lastly, even the people that I spotlighted in this blog can use the next service. I'm taking the time to advertise their business but none of these businesses will ever make out of the 'hustle' stage unless they utilize someone like Marsha Prospere and Chi Vinson to market their business effectively. Lilliput Media will make sure that your business has an resonant presence and you won't easily be forgotten. Check them out at www.lilliputmedia.com or email them at info@lilliputmedia.com. You won't be disappointed.

Well that's all for now.
These are my thoughts...what are yours?

1 comment:

LeonX said...

Do Free and Aja need a music nerd? Holla at your people!